Q. Can I take PPI to treat gurgling caused due to GERD?

Dr. Noushif. M

I have reflux and GERD. Also a hiatal hernia. Sometimes I have gurgling in the stomach and into my throat. It is like a gurgling noise and a ticking noise if I hold my mouth open. I just started medium. Would you be worried or is this normal for reflex and the PPI should help?

#

PPI alone will not work. Need to add some pro motility medicines too. Also dietary modifications and lifestyle changes need to be considered consistently. If symptoms are worsening, then need to think of other measures. Would like to have a look at your endoscopy report before making further specific comments.

Please consider a review with your report.

I did not have an endoscopy. It was diagnosed through CT scan. It said hiatal hernia with gastric reflux esophagitis. He only gave me the PPI and just started it yesterday. Can this be enough if I change eating habits?

#

That is fine. You can continue PPI now. Start dietary changes too. You can consider endoscopy on follow up if symptoms recur or not improve.

|