Q. Is gum recession a serious issue, and can it be reversed?

Dr. Amir Shafi

I am 24 years old. My gums have started receding. Are there any natural remedies available? Is it a serious issue? Is regrowth of gums possible? Please guide me.

#

Gum regrowth is possible. You need to go for gum surgeries or flap surgeries. The attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) indicate the formation of calculus near your gums. I suggest you go for oral prophylaxis (scaling and root planing of teeth). The issue will resolve once you get this done. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily. Brush softly over your gums.

The probable cause is the formation of calculus.

I suggest you use a mouthwash.

Brush twice a day and avoid brushing vigorously.

|