Q. I have glans discoloration. How to treat that?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

I have a circular or oval area of discolored skin on the shaft of my penis, near the base. It started as a small circular area that looked very much like ringworm and now, it is much larger. The area of skin is paler than the rest of my penis and it seems to have some red scaling around the edge of the discoloration. I am using a Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate cream.

#

• Is it associated with itching at present? Kindly attach the photos.
  • Please do not use cream containing Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone Dipropionate combination. It is steroid cream and the side effect of using it in the groin area can lead to thinning of the skin and white patch.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, it is itching some time.

#

• It is a fungal infection. But, I still cannot see the white patch (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • If you are not allergic to medications, then I suggest the following antifungals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily after meal for 10 days.
  2. Apply Lulizol cream (Luliconazole) in the morning and DK gel (Miconazole) at night for a month.

Revert back after a month to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you very much doctor.

#

Welcome. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further doubts.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|