Q. I have glans discoloration. How to treat that?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Dec 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

I have a circular or oval area of discolored skin on the shaft of my penis, near the base. It started as a small circular area that looked very much like ringworm and now, it is much larger. The area of skin is paler than the rest of my penis and it seems to have some red scaling around the edge of the discoloration. I am using a Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate cream.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Is it associated with itching at present? Kindly attach the photos.
  • Please do not use cream containing Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone Dipropionate combination. It is steroid cream and the side effect of using it in the groin area can lead to thinning of the skin and white patch.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, it is itching some time.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• It is a fungal infection. But, I still cannot see the white patch (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • If you are not allergic to medications, then I suggest the following antifungals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily after meal for 10 days.
  2. Apply Lulizol cream (Luliconazole) in the morning and DK gel (Miconazole) at night for a month.

Revert back after a month to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you very much doctor.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further doubts.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My glans has measles-like red spots all over it. Please suggest an ointment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 52. I noticed my glans penis has some measles-like red spots all over. Overall, the glans penis seem reddish and slightly inflamed. A light irritation is felt.  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full »