Q. How to manage red spots and smegma in the penis head under the foreskin?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have a red spot and smegma around my penis head under my foreskin. I use warm water to clean that area daily. Sometimes it is itchy. I am feeling depressed. Please help me to come out of this. What can I do?

#

• Do you have any swelling in your glans penis?
  • Do you have any recurrent episodes of Balanitis?
  • Did you scratch or rub excessively?
  • Did you handle it roughly?
  • Will you do masturbation?
  • Do you practice improper genital hygiene?

Attach a clinical picture of the lesion to assess, and so I can guide you accordingly.

Thank you for your reply.

I have no swelling in my glans penis. This is the first time I have felt itchy for the past week. So I used a tablet Cefixime and an allergy tablet. Now the itching is almost gone, and I have only very mild itching. I do masturbation. While you asked about a picture, it is not clear now this morning when I look at it. It contains only white matter.

#

• Apply Clotrimazole cream at night for two weeks (on lesion).
  • Clean genital area daily with Cetaphil cleanser or no soap cleanser or Episoft cleanser.
  • Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day after food for 3 days.
  • Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after food for 7 days (if itching).
  • Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions.
  • Maintain proper genital hygiene.
  • Keep the area clean and dry.
  • Wear loose, thin, and comfortable cotton inners.
  • Avoid occlusive and tight underwear.
  • Avoid sweating and friction.
  • Retract the foreskin and clean the area with warm water.
  • Do not let smegma collect there and keep the area clean.

|