Q. How do I treat the inflammation on the tip of my penis?

I got inflammation on tip of my penis. It is itchy and burning. I used Quadriderm cream at first and thought it was a normal infection. It got better but now it came back again. What should I do? They have also appeared in the testes but it seems like they started appearing inside the skin on the penis too. I have attached pictures for your reference.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

With your description and the given picture, it seems you have scabies.

Scabies is an intensely itchy skin infestation caused by mites.

The diagnosis of scabies can often be made clinically with a pruritic rash where itching occurs predominantly at night and characteristic linear burrows over limbs. Other family members can also be affected.

Regarding treatment, on day 1 you can you use single below neck application all over the body of 5% Permethrin cream during the night. Leave it for 10 to 12 hours and then take a bath.

You need to use HH Mite (Permethrin Topical) soap for bathing daily for seven days.

Also, take tablet Ivermectin 12 mg single dose same day, wash your used clothes thoroughly and use fresh clothes after the bath.

On day 2, apply Fluticasone 0.05% cream twice daily for five to seven days and tablet Levocetirizine once daily for the same duration and get a review after one week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have even got the inner skin on the penis. It is hard. Also, some parts of the body are itchy.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is scabies.

Kindly do what I have advised. You will definitely get relief.

| 

Do I have to use the Permethrin cream for the first day only? Also, only one tablet of Ivermectin tablet should be had right?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, single below neck application one tube should be applied all over the body.

Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg single dose only should be taken. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

The treatment can be repeated after seven days to kill the hatched larvae.

| 

It was gone but happening again. It is itching and still using the HH mite soap. What should I do?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

There must be some reservoir of infection like in your family members or creaves of clothes. I would suggest that you and the family members who are residing with you should simultaneously use once below neck application of Permethrin and take a bath after 10 to 12 hours. Must wash all your used clothes thoroughly so that all possible source of infection get eliminated.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Should I put Permethrin, Ivermectin along with Levocetirizine?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, you should take the previously advised treatment to you and your family members for complete cure.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|