Abdominal Distention

Kindly review my father's report and give a suitable treatment plan for his symptoms.

Query: Hello doctor, My father has a distended abdomen, fatigue, and occasional breathlessness on walking. I have attached the reports of my father. We are quite concerned seeing his low eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate), pre-diabetes values, cholesterol, etc. Please guide us on the best course ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bn Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw his reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). His liver function test, thyroid function test, and complete hemogram are all normal. There is a slight increase in his serum creatinine, and the rest of his kidney function test is with...  Read Full »

Please go through my CT report and suggest the cause of my stomach pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stomach pain for 10 years with diarrhea and constipation. Also, there has been on and off liver pain and pain around my female area. I got married for 10 years. I had five healthy pregnancies and nine very early miscarriages in between for unknown reasons. I have a h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a small cyst like area in the right lobe of the liver. However, this should not be causing any pain or discomfort in the right upper abdomen. There is an evolving umbilical hernia and probably causing you to have abdominal distension. It is not something you sho...  Read Full »

Why does my son crave for cement and not food?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-year-old son has less diet than his peers since the age of 5 years. After regular deworming, he still craves to eat cement and tastes it. 10 months back, he was found anemic and was treated for the same. Now for the last five to six months, his stomach has come out (bloated) and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardika Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the age of your child, his weight and height are fine. There is no stunning or wasting indicating any malnutrition. Height of both parents would help in the assessment of his growth potential. Kindly mention the height of mother and father also. You have m...  Read Full »

What does high ALT and AST values with abdominal distension in chronic alcoholic indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 49 years old and I have been drinking approximately 350 ml of vodka every day for approximately 10-15 years. I also have smoked half pack a day for 30 years but just recently quit. For the past year and a half (maybe even two years) I have had diarrhea daily. I went to a doctor w...  Read Full »

Dr. Hiren Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think there are multiple issues. You need proper workup. Your ALT (alanine transaminase) / AST (aspartate transaminase) are due to alcohol-related liver disease, better is to do USG (ultrasound) abdomen. Other issues are, I had gone through your blood reports (at...  Read Full »

After laparoscopy, my tummy has become extremely distended. Is it due to infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a laparoscopy done five weeks ago and also a D and C was done. When I woke up from it, I had an extremely distended abdomen. It was hot to touch and obviously swollen. I was told that this was from the oxygen they used. Since that night, my belly is always gurgling and distended. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your belly should have been normal by this time. If it is still swollen, then you should do an ultrasound test of the abdomen to see if there is any problem. For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

My son has a sharp pain in the temple area if he moves his neck. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, This question is regarding my 10 year old son. He takes professional coaching for badminton and plays for almost four hours daily since the last four months. Ever since he started playing badminton, he complains of occasional neck pain, shoulder pain, and back pain. His coach said that...  Read Full »

Dr. Brungi Mahesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, the pain is mainly because of postural problems and lack of physical training. The shifting nature of pain is not due to the ice bath. It might be psychological. My advice is to consult a sports physiotherapist and change his postures (postur...  Read Full »