Q. What can be the reason for gray hair in children?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
Published on Jun 20, 2018

What can be the reason for hair turning white in kids? Is there any solution to this problem? I read on the internet that hair can turn white even when vitamins or iron levels are low. If supplements are taken, can this problem be reduced? What kind of diet would help?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

Graying of hair is not specifically due to a vitamin deficiency. If the rest of the body does not show any signs of a vitamin deficiency, then white hair is usually idiopathic. Many genetic and environmental factors play a role. Check if the water is polluted with salts and heavy metals.

Except for cosmetic concerns, grey hair usually is not a sign of a disease. Oiling the hair with ayurvedic oils might help.

Try to include Indian gooseberry (amla), green leafy vegetables, nuts and liver in your diet.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing...  Read Full

Are hair fall, skin infections, and overweight due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism. With that, I am facing hair fall, skin infections, overweight, high cholesterol, and memory loss. Are all these happening because of thyroid or there are other factors involved? I am a firm believer in Ayurveda but can this be treated with Ayurveda permanently? ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypothyroidism may cause these symptoms as you have described. But it is other possibilities too. Hair fall may be due to infection, excessive use of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, changes in food habits and water, stress, etc. Stress and anxiety may lead t...  Read Full