Green Stools

Should I be worried about the dark brown colored stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with no physical conditions taking Lisdexamfetamine for ADHD. My cause for concern is the passing of some very bright, fleshy-looking stool today. About 2 to 3 weeks ago, I decided to add more insoluble fiber and protein to my diet. I was consuming around 75 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. You have been suffering from the passing of a very bright, red, fleshy-looking stool. According to your statement, your recent changes in diet patterns have done that. Hard stool indicates fecal substances having a l...  Read Full »

Why do I have bad bowel movements with green stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old female suffering from green stools for a month now. I go to the bathroom several times a day. This green color is not just present on the stool but it quickly spreads through the toilet water. It presents as a liquid on the stool. It seems to be fluffy diarrhea. I cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need a detailed clinical examination to rule out the cause. Green stools occur when the intestinal colonic transit times are rapid and when there is no time for degradation of bile and so there is a change in the color of the stool. Taking iron supplements also caus...  Read Full »

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 70 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I have weird symptoms nowadays. I have occasional headaches for the past two weeks. I also have pain in my left eyes. I usually do dancing and exercise every day. But today, I just went for a jo...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned your routine activities and work hours. It seems that you have migraine headaches. The most common causes are stress and lack of sleep. Both these factors are present in your case. First of all, try to monitor your sleep pattern and any added stress w...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's poop yellowish-green?

Query: Hello doctor,My 3 months old baby's poop is yellowish green in color. Is that normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern towards your child's health. The green color of the stool indicates rapid small intestine movement (normal in children) or indigestion or intolerance to particular food. A green colored stool with frequency of one or two times per day in chil...  Read Full »

Can ketosis cause abdominal pain with green stools?

Query: Male, 21, 5'7, 130lbs Hello, I went to the urgent care yesterday because I've been feeling morning sickness for a while and what I figured out there is the doctor said from viewing my urine that my body is in ketosis and I'm severely dehydrated. He had me fast the rest of the day and this morning I...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry to learn about what you have to go through. I will try my very best to help you. Based on your height and weight you are by no means underweight, your BMI is completely normal. Of course it can be that you suffer from malnutrition due to some ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for baby's stools to be green?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the laboratory reports of my wife. And the baby's stools are green in color. Please explain whether there is any chance for the baby to get jaundice.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Mother's thyroid levels are normal and the progesterone levels have no significance with the jaundice in newborn. Pregnanediol levels are seen in breast milk. Greenish stool is a normal thing in bab...  Read Full »

Me and my son has bright green stools for the past few days. What is the problem?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two and a half months, my son 2 years old has had total bright green poop. Sometimes pasty. He is in daycare. For the past two months, I have also started to have total bright green stool inside and out with bright green mucus. 80% of the time without eating anything gre...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very much concerned with all the problems you are facing. As both of you have the same problem and at the same time you are losing weight and also developing some vitamin deficiencies due to which you are feeling exhausted and having problems with your memory. Y...  Read Full »

Why is there no relief of passing green stools in a baby even after medicaton?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 years old and weighs about 11.7 kg. Baby is frequently passing green stools with blood spots and mucus. We gave Metronidazole and Norfloxacin, Reflora-R, Biz-Pro, Zinconia for the last four days. But there is no relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is dysentery by history. 1) It will take some more time to bring the symptoms down. 2) You can go for a stool culture to find out the organism responsible for it. That would give useful information as to which medicines would be effective. 3) Look for an alternati...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control loose motions in a baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's poop dark green?

Query: Hello doctor,My baby is three and a half months now. Since he completed three months, he is more on formula milk than breastfeeding due to supply issues. He poops every alternate day. I am concerned as his poop color is dark green and at the end of the process a slight yellow poop comes. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The color of the poop does not matter much unless it is dark black, which is a possible sign of occult blood. Usually poops in babies on formula feed is dark green. A breastfed baby will have golden yellow poop. So, do not be worried at all. I also suggest you take ...  Read Full »