Green Stools

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Good day Doc! I've been having weird symptoms lately and I'm not sure what to do. I noticed that i've been having occasional headaches (mainly on the left side of my head, right on the top and sometimes on my forehead) in the last two weeks, my left eye has also felt pain along with it, but sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi , Welcome to icliniq. The way you have described your routine activities and work hours, it seems that you have been having Migraine headaches. The most common causes for the onset of these headaches are stress and lack of adequate sleep and both these factors are present in your case. For this ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for baby's stools to be green?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the laboratory reports of my wife. And the baby's stools are green in color. Please explain whether there is any chance for the baby to get jaundice.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Mother's thyroid levels are normal and the progesterone levels have no significance with the jaundice in newborn. Pregnanediol levels are seen in breast milk. Greenish stool is a normal thing in bab...  Read Full »

Me and my son has bright green stools for the past few days. What is the problem?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two and a half months, my son 2 years old has had total bright green poop. Sometimes pasty. He is in daycare. For the past two months, I have also started to have total bright green stool inside and out with bright green mucus. 80% of the time without eating anything gre...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very much concerned with all the problems you are facing. As both of you have the same problem and at the same time you are losing weight and also developing some vitamin deficiencies due to which you are feeling exhausted and having problems with your memory. Y...  Read Full »

Why is there no relief of passing green stools in a baby even after medicaton?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 years old and weighs about 11.7 kg. Baby is frequently passing green stools with blood spots and mucus. We gave Metronidazole and Norfloxacin, Reflora-R, Biz-Pro, Zinconia for the last four days. But there is no relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is dysentery by history. 1) It will take some more time to bring the symptoms down. 2) You can go for a stool culture to find out the organism responsible for it. That would give useful information as to which medicines would be effective. 3) Look for an alternati...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control loose motions in a baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's poop dark green?

Query: Hello doctor,My baby is three and a half months now. Since he completed three months, he is more on formula milk than breastfeeding due to supply issues. He poops every alternate day. I am concerned as his poop color is dark green and at the end of the process a slight yellow poop comes. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The color of the poop does not matter much unless it is dark black, which is a possible sign of occult blood. Usually poops in babies on formula feed is dark green. A breastfed baby will have golden yellow poop. So, do not be worried at all. I also suggest you take ...  Read Full »

Which brand of formula milk is good for baby constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 months old baby is on Dexolac Premium from 1 month. The growth is good, but he is constipated. Can I switch to Nan Pro or kindly advise any other good brand.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If child is constipated on Dexolac premium, then you can switch to Nan Pro 1, lactogen 1 or similar advance. All are equally good. Nan Pro 1 is more preferred.  Read Full »

Why is my 4 month old baby not passing stools?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 4 months old and is vomiting in between while having breast milk. His belly is not much hard, but there is more swelling when compared to the breastfeeding days. He has been switched to formula feed from Sunday night and till now he has not passed stools. I am worried about th...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to have a decrease in stool frequency or constipation after switching from breast milk to formula feed. As long as your child is feeding well, passing gas from below, has no vomiting and has a soft belly, there is nothing to worry about. It is normal to pa...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have green stool a day after colonoscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I had a colonoscopy and today I had a bowel movement that was bright green. Should I contact the doctor who performed the procedure or is this normal? I am a 32-year-old female.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bright green color stool could be due to the presence of bile in stool. During a colonoscopy, you were given laxatives that might have disturbed your intestinal flora that is responsible for the yellowcolor of the stool. Also, stool must have passed rapidly through the ...  Read Full »

Why am I having green and brown stools with blood?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had green and brown poop with blood dripping in the toilet and on the toilet paper after the first wipe. But not on the second. Should I be very concerned? It has been like this for three days.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. As you are having bleeding per rectum, you should get evaluated properly. Bleeding in the proximal part of the gastrointestinal tract can cause brown colored stools. There are many causes...  Read Full »