Q. How can gum pain be treated during pregnancy?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

I am 8 weeks pregnant and got bad gum ache on one tooth. It is really stressing me out. Can a dentist do anything to get rid of the pain?

#

If it is just one tooth and there is no associated caries means that is periodontal. So what I suggest is single tooth scaling and root planning will not take much of your sitting time. I think you can go for single tooth scaling but make sure that you go to an experienced dentist. Otherwise, at-home remedy, you can try warm water and salt rinse 5 to 6 times a day. Do revert back if pain persists. Follow up after one day.

| 

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

My teeth are weak, mobile and lost four already. How to manage the condition?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, and my teeth are weak. Till date, I have lost three molars and one premolar. I am using caps on that place. Now, I have a slight movement on my central incisor. Please suggest me a treatment or medicine to prevent myself from the early loss of a tooth.  Read Full »

Why do I have gum pain after temporary crown placement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am looking for a little advice since I cannot be seen until tomorrow by my dentist. I recently had a root canal on my bottom left tooth (last one at the back in the photo). A few weeks later, I got a temporary crown placed over it. The area beyond the tooth is inflamed and hurts badly. ...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»