Q. Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Apr 15, 2018

I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gynecomastia. Can gynecomastia be tender and painful? I also suspect myself having Klinefelter though I do not consider my genitals to be of small size.I am a medical student and I am worried that the lump could be a carcinoma as I have learned that there is an association between Klinefelter's and carcinoma. Please help me.

#

Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain,

Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread.

I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump

Also if you have noticed any swellings in the armpits please tell me.

In general, you should not worry, but be a little cautious.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vikram
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full

Tips to Prevent Breast Cancer

Article Overview: This article discusses the risk factors and a few tips to prevent breast cancer. Read Article

Dr. Seyed Ali Jazaeri
Preventive Medicine Physician

There are a few risk factors that make you more susceptible to get breast cancer, which cannot always be prevented. But, there are things you can do that might lower your risk. Breast cancer risk factors mean anything that affects your chance of getting breast cancer. But having a risk factor does n...  Read Article

What are the chances to have low testosterone if family male members have low level?

Query: Hello doctor, If my dad and just recently my 20 years old brother both have low testosterone levels, what are the chances that I will too? I am 18 years old.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If low testosterones are due to secondary (acquired) causes then you are spared. The cause of low testosterone should be ascertained in your father which could be done only after detailed history and physical examination because there are number of causes for low testos...  Read Full