Q. Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?

Answered by Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gynecomastia or Breast Cancer? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gynecomastia. Can gynecomastia be tender and painful? I also suspect myself having Klinefelter though I do not consider my genitals to be of small size.I am a medical student and I am worried that the lump could be a carcinoma as I have learned that there is an association between Klinefelter's and carcinoma. Please help me.