Q. Is there any medicine to reduce my chest fat?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Is gynecomastia surgery the only solution for even early symptoms of the disorder? do we have any medications to reduce the chest fat at an early stage?

#

Hi Having increased fat in the chest region making it appear like breasts is a common and natural phenomenon in young males. It is because of the hormonal changes the body undergoes during adolescence. Moreover, it is not permanent and the changes return to normal with age. Not all ppl need surgery as the condition is self responding. Kindly mention if other secondary sexual characters are normal, such as beard, moustache, axilla and pubic hair. Let us know if ur on any other medication, including homeo or native medication. Also let us know if it's only the tissue under the nipple that is increased or the whole breast. This can even be managed without surgery.

| 

Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my p...  Read Full »

I am 16 years old. How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. I weigh 70 kg and I am about 5' 4". How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?  Read Full »

What is the treatment for gynecomastia with increase in weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My weight is 80 kilogram, and my height is 5'9 feet. I have gynecomastia for the past four years. Please recommend some medicines.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Cosmetologist Now