Login      Sign Up

Q. What is the treatment available for gynecomastia?


Hello doctor,

I have puffy nipples on both sides since I was 15 and now I am 23. I think it is gynecomastia. I am male and 6'1" and 82 kg. I need to know about the treatment and is there any risk factor?


Dr. Vivek Chail
Radiodiagnosis, Radiology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Gynecomastia might happen due to an imbalance of hormones estrogen and testosterone in men. First, the condition should be confirmed by consulting the endocrinologist. Most cases resolve with time and few require treatment if there is any cause that is responsible for it. Some medicines to be taken under prescription for gynecomastia includes Tamoxifen and Raloxifene. These have side effects and should be taken only under the recommendation of an endocrinologist.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Also Read Answers From

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask an Internal Medicine Physician »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.