I am an 18-year-old female suffering from hair loss receding hairline. I think it is genetic because my mother also has less hair and has the same pattern of hair loss.
Please let me know. I am concerned about my hair loss.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I read your query and can understand your concern.
With your description, I suppose you have androgenetic alopecia, also called female pattern hairloss. This is a progressive genetic condition. We can try to slow down hair loss with medications. Treatment depends on the grade of hairloss. I suggest you attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your condition and suggest proper medications. I would recommend you consult a specialist and take consent before taking these medications:
1. Minoxidil solution or spray is available in 2 %, 5 %, and 10 %. The concentration depends on grading. I cannot be specific with the percentage of Minoxidil as I have not assessed your grade of hairloss. This is a long-term treatment, and you may need to use it for years.
2. Multivitamin hair nutrients contain biotin, calcium, and zinc.
3. Monolaurin-containing shampoo can be used to wash your scalp on alternate days.
Now coming to the nonmedications part, which is equally important:
1. Always use lukewarm water to wash your hair, never hot water.
2. Do not comb your hair when it is wet.
3. Use a comb that has a wide space between each tooth, and the tip of the tooth should be blunt so that it does not irritate the scalp.
4. Avoid using hair dryers and straighteners.
5. Eat protein-rich food, egg, chicken, milk, curd, and lentils. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin.
6. Exercise daily for 40 minutes at least six days a week. This is to keep hormone levels balanced, as androgenetic alopecia also has a hormonal influence.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. fast-growing cells in the body, and the first step in hair care is the diet. This article will tell you about common hair problems and proper hair care .. ... Read fullAlopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy
Introduction: Nowadays, the hair fall problem is the most significant issue for all genders and ages ... Some complain about genetic or hereditary hair loss ... In c... Read fullHow can a patient prevent hair fall that persists despite having a healthy diet?
.. many causes of hair loss. For example, telogen effluvium and stress-induced hair fall settle after three months. It can also occur due to thyroid disorders. You need a detailed evaluation of the cause and pattern of hair loss to make the diagnosis... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now