Q. Is there any correlation between my blood report and hair loss?

I have substantial focal hair loss. Three blood tests have been taken, and the results are high in SHBG, but normal levels of testosterone. I am not on the contraceptive pill or any other medicine aside from DHEA, which was recently prescribed. DHEA low and proteins are also low. Is there any correlation between these results and my hair loss? Hair loss is entirely on the back of the scalp.

#

• Do you have normal DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and estrogen levels? I am asking this since you have elevated SBG (sex hormone-binding globulin).

Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for your reply. I have attached my blood test results for your ease of reference. Thank you for your time and I appreciate any insight you can give me.

#

• Your DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) level is normal. Then, why are you taking DHEA supplements since your level is normal?
  • However, I did not see DHT and thyroid panel. So, I suggest you get DHT and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) with free T4 and total T3.
  • Please ask your doctor as to why are you taking DHEA supplements with a normal DHEA level. Also, discuss with him or her and take 10,000 mcg of Biotin daily with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|