Q. How can hair fall be reversed?

Answered by Dr. Rabia and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Hairfall or Minoxidil? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18-year-old girl. It had been quite noticeable for some time that I have had excessive hair loss, especially in my hairline. I am a ballet dancer and have been putting my hair in buns ever since I was little. Two years ago, I started training a full time course which meant I needed to put my hair in a bun every day with hairspray, and a lot of times I got home too late to wash it out. Now I am taking more caution but I have lost a lot of hair and my hairline has receded a lot. Is there anything I can do to reverse or help it?