Q. Could my throbbing headache be a brain tumor?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

It started with a throbbing pain on the right side of my head. It was there for a couple of days and decreased on its own. After a few days, it was back at the same place along with pain around the right eye and temple. Please help me. I am a 24 year old male.

#

I can understand your concerns.

• You should relax and try to take less stress as this also result in a headache and throbbing pain.
  • An ophthalmologist examination for refractive error should be done. An ENT Specialist study should be done for a migraine.
  • I suggest Brufen (Ibuprofen) tablet 400 mg three times a day for three days. If all things are normal, then MRI brain should be done.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Could this be a brain tumor?

#

• A brain tumor is a very rare possibility. But, there are other common causes which result to this.
  • Do not think too much. If you want to be sure, then MRI brain should be done. Take care.

|