Q. My father has severe headaches and nausea. I want a second opinion on his MRI of brain.

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My father is 70 years old, and he had severe headaches and nausea a few weeks ago, so the doctor ordered an MRI brain.  Based on the results, he is taking some medications and is doing well. I want a second opinion, just to be sure that there are no other issues. I am attaching his brain scan results. He had an open heart surgery 11 years ago, to remove some blocks.

#

I have gone through your query and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with diligence and would like you to know, that I am here to help you.

• There is intermitted narrowing of the right vertebral artery.
  • Can you please specify what drugs are being taken by him at present?

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Revert with more information to a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

Hello doctor,

Thank you very much for your reply. The list of medicines given by the neurologist are tablet Plagerine 75,  Esomac 40, and Damina plus. And he has been taking Metolar 25 mg, Amlopress L 5, NO CVD 10 mg, Vasovin XL 2.5, Glicton M 80, Pzone 15 mg, Vogliwal 0.2 mg, and Ecosprin 75 mg, for cardiac problem and diabetes. Ecosprin was replaced with tablet Plagerine by the neurologist.

#

Thanks for the detailed information. This was very helpful in ascertaining the facts. 

• There is no active neurosurgical intervention needed at present, except for these drugs.
  • Please be assured that your father is getting proper medicines.

For more information consult a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

|