Q. Will increased screen time cause migraine headache?

Dr. Nasir
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 13, 2021

Respected Doctor! I have a problem of migrain since daybefore yesterday. It is because of mobile screen. Whenever I use mobile , especially at night ,I feel headache in my left side above the ear. Before 4 months of this I was feeling headache when I watch mobile screen and also feeling that something is coming to my head and get headache then I consult with doctor. Doctor advice glasses to me now that problem is solved but migrain is still suffering me.which I explained above in para-1

Gender: Male

Age: 30 Years

Hight: 7ft approx

Weight: 65kg

30 MLe 7ft 60kg

#

Good day to you sir.

I have gone through your problem and from the outset I don't think it is migraine. migraine headaches usually have an aura preceding preceding them. patient usually feels or knows the headache is about to start. you can either be visual or auditory. the headache of migraine is very severe and debilitating and can last for 3-4 hours or even half a day. do you have similar kind of a headache? I think your headache is caused because of excessive use of mobile phones for stearing at a screen.

I would advise you to reduce your use of mobile phone to a minimum. use adequate background lighting when using phones. keep the the background light of the mobile phone to a maximum so that you don't have to stare at the phone.. do not use the phone excessively before bedtime. get an ophthalmology consultation done so that we are sure that it is not related to your eyes as refractory errors are common causes of such headaches. I will prescribe you analgesics if the pain does not subside after you try out these advises that I have given you. have a good day and hope your problems subside soon. do let me know if I can help you out in any other way

excessive staring at mobile screen

migraine

analgesics to be prescribed if consulted again

| 

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

My migraine medicine is causing side effects. What are my options?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from a migraine for the past five years. I took Sibelium for four years, but it caused me to put on so much weight. So, I stopped taking it. Now, I have a migraine again. What should I do?  Read Full »

The Perils of Social Media Addiction

Article Overview: Addiction comes in varied forms. A lesser explored area is the addiction to the internet and social networking sites. This article attempts to discern the neurobiology behind this new found rage, and gives evidence based treatment approaches to combat this new menace. Read Article

Social Media: Social media is defined as a form of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other contens in order to stay connected, or socialize virtually. This medium is supposed to have social underpinnings...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»