iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral MedicineheadacheDoes increased screen time cause throbbing headache?

Will increased screen time cause migraine headache?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 17, 2020
Reviewed AtSeptember 1, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor.

I have had a problem with migraines since the day before yesterday. It is because of mobile screen. Whenever I use my mobile, especially at night, I feel a headache in my left side above the ear. Four months back, I was feeling a headache when I was watching a mobile screen and also felt that something was coming to my head and get a headache then I consulted with a doctor. The doctor advised spectacles that now that problem is solved but migraines are still suffering me. I am a 30-year-old male, height seven feet and weight 143.30 Ibs.

I have gone through your problem and from the outset I do not think it is migraine. Migraine headaches usually have an aura preceding them. The patient usually feels or knows the headache is about to start. It can either be visual or auditory. the headache of migraine is very severe and debilitating and can last for 3 to 4 hours or even half a day. Do you have a similar kind of headache? I think your headache is caused by of excessive use of mobile phones for staring at a screen.

I would advise you to reduce your use of mobile phones to a minimum. Use adequate background lighting when using phones. keep the the background light of the mobile phone to a maximum so that you don't have to stare at the phone. Do not use the phone excessively before bedtime. Get an ophthalmology consultation done so that we are sure that it is not related to your eyes as refractory errors are common causes of such headaches. I will prescribe you analgesics if the pain does not subside after you try out the advises that I have given you. Have a good day and hope your problems subside soon. do let me know if I can help you out in any other way

The Probable causes

excessive staring at mobile screen

Differential diagnosis

migraine

Treatment plan

analgesics to be prescribed if consulted again

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Mohammed Abdul Nasir
Dr. Mohammed Abdul Nasir

Pain Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy