Q. I have severe anxiety, and taking Celexa does not seem to help. What else can I try?

I currently have severe anxiety due to a recent health scare. I currently take 40 mg of Celexa daily. The Celexa is not helping the anxiety at all. What else can I take to ease the anxiety? I have Xanax and can take 0.25 mg every four hours. That helps, but I still have extremely severe anxiety. I have never actually had to take my Xanax until now. What do I do? I just want it to go away.

#

I can understand your concern.

You are taking a sufficient dose of Celexa (Citalopram), and if the 40 mg dose is not acting properly. the symptoms should be re-evaluated properly.

The addition of some another antidepressant as an augmentation agent can help control the persisting anxiety. Bupropion is a good option. The drug can help control the anxiety and will supplement the actions of Celexa too.

For health anxiety, proper reassurance and psychotherapy also help to a great extent.

For symptomatic exacerbations, you can take Xanax (Alprazolam) on an SOS basis. There is no harm in taking this drug. Talk to your doctor about the changes I have suggested.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|