Q. What are the chances of developing a heart attack in a GAD patient?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Heart Attack or Generalized Anxiety Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 28-year-old female. I always worried about her heart. I have GAD specifically focus on health anxiety and often experience heart attack symptoms so much so that I have gone to my doctor and the ER many times (always to be cleared). I continue to worry whenever the symptoms come back. I have been cleared so many times, but still, fear that something could go wrong or something might have been missed. Is there a chance that I could develop a risk of a heart attack without making any major changes?