Q. What are the chances of developing a heart attack in a GAD patient?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I am a 28-year-old female. I always worried about her heart. I have GAD specifically focus on health anxiety and often experience heart attack symptoms so much so that I have gone to my doctor and the ER many times (always to be cleared). I continue to worry whenever the symptoms come back. I have been cleared so many times, but still, fear that something could go wrong or something might have been missed. Is there a chance that I could develop a risk of a heart attack without making any major changes?

#

A heart attack usually occurs in those with risk factors for ischemic heart disease such as high BP, high sugar, high cholesterol, family history of a heart attack in young age, etc. Your tests are normal thats good. To estimate the lifetime risk of development of atherosclerotic diseases such as stroke and heart attack, have a fasting lipid profile done and send to me.

|