Q. ECG report shows some abnormality. What is the problem?

Published on Feb 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

The ECG report of my father shows some abnormality. Please tell me what is the actual problem. BP 160/100. Age 65.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

You have not attached the ECG here. So, please attach it so that I can interpret it.

Otherwise, for hypertension, he should be on medicine so as to keep his BP less than 140/90 mmHg. So, also let me know if he is receiving the antihypertensive medicine.

Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I have attached it now. Please see the attachment.

#

You have just uploaded the report, you should have uploaded the photo of the whole ECG. Anyway, the doctor has mentioned that there is an ST-segment depression in inferior walls. These changes suggest that there is some kind of stress over the heart, that stress could be high BP, or some blockages in the heart, or sometimes even present normally. This should be evaluated further.

I would like to have a look at the ECG so I can suggest the further course. Does he have any symptoms like chest heaviness or pain especially during exertion or walking which relieves with rest? If yes, this points towards the blockages. Anyway, considering the report, he should undergo treadmill test and echo test to look for heart function. Overall, it does not appear to be a worrisome matter but should be evaluated so as to be sure.

All the best.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

I am looking for ayurvedic cure for heart block.How effective will it be?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 73 years old. She suffers with heart problem. She is having three blocks in arteries. We have been advised to go for stent. The blockage is 90% in one artery, 80% in the second and the third is with 70% block. Now we do not like to go for stent. We are looking for medicines t...  Read Full »

What will you suggest for heart block, stent or bypass?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother-in-law went for angiography, and he has two blockages 60% and 80%. Now, his doctor saying that it is urgent to get an operation and they will fix two stents. What will you suggest? Is it fine to go with a stent? Will it work lifetime? Or shall we opt bypass?  Read Full »