Q. I have no symptoms except heavy flow. Can I still have PCOD?

Dr. Natalie Chaitan

I am 20 years of age with weight 64 kg and height 160 cm. I had my periods for three to four days with mild bleeding on the fourth day. Now for the past two to three months, I am having periods with heavy flow for two days and mild bleeding on day-3. The doctor suggested PCOD test. My hormone levels are normal with testosterone and insulin in the normal range. Also, I do not have any unwanted growth and no acne problems. Can I still have PCOD? Also, I do not have diabetes or thyroid. Please give me a conclusion as to what has happened.

Do you have a question on Heavy Bleeding or Prolonged Period?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Natalie Chaitan

MBBS., DM O&G
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

A regular period can range from three to seven days duration, with bleeding being mild to heavy on all or any day. A period can also return monthly or between 21 to 35 days. Your period may have changed in length and days on which heavy bleeding occurs but it still falls well within the remit of a normal range.

All of your investigations have been normal. A change in period history can be normal in young adults and can happen in response to any change in physique, as well as emotional and physical state. I would not be worried, neither is any treatment warranted based on the history you have presented. This is a normal change.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have PCOD. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having PCOD. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is a very common condition nowadays. It is a treatable condition and will not affect your life much if the cysts are small in size. A lot depends on your lifestyle. Stress is a major factor. Eating healthy home cooked food and doing...  Read Full »

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?
Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Krimson is an Estrogen-Progesterone medicine. It requires some time to balance your hormones. Relax, do not worry about the bleeding until it is heavy like changing pads often like two hours. Instead, clitoris stimulation may have caused some mild uterine contraction, a...  Read Full »

I have irregular heavy bleeding. Is something wrong with my uterus?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I had my normal period last week and it lasted for 7 days. Then three days after this it started again and was really heavy.This happens almost every month. Is something wrong with my uterus?  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be so many reasons for irregular heavy bleeding. It can be a part of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding which has to be found out. You need to get routine blood investigations including thyroid profile and a basic pelvic scan done. Also take regular iron to correc...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now