Q. I am suffering from heel pain since a few days. What should I do?

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Hello sir, 29 yr. Old. Last few days I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up its pain too much and whole day its pain. Please tell me it is dangerous and what I do?

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Hello, I am sorry you feel that way

. Has there been any trauma on your heel? Has anyone hurt you physically before pain appears? What have you eaten before pain appears? If there has been no trauma on your heel I am considering Gouty Arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis (inflammation of the joints) due to elevated blood uric acid. Usually the pain is severe early in the morning. The affected joint could be unilateral or bilateral.

Here are my advise:

1. Take pain reliever Diclofenac Na ( VOLTAREN) 50mg/tablet Take 1 tablet every 8 hours as needed for pain 2. I advise that you undergo Blood Uric Acid Test. 3. Drink plenty of water.It could help lower your blood uric acid. 4. You can apply warm compress on the affected joint. 5. You can also take vitamin B complex. It could help lessen the pain. 6. Avoid high uric acid diet like beans, internal organs (liver), sardines, more than 3 serving of meat a week, spinach, cauliflower.

I advise you follow-up as soon as possible when your blood uric acid test result is already available.

I hope my advise will help you feel a little better. Take care.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Shall I get ayurvedic massage to remove toxins from the body?

Query: Hi doctor, Does Ayurvedic massage help to remove toxins from the tissues? Do they help to remove toxins from the body through the skin? Which organs are used to eliminate the toxins from the body?  Read Full »

What could be causing my muscle cramps and heel pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle cramps in the bottom part of my belly or sometimes one one side of the belly since two to three years. I have put on a lot of weight and now have a protruding belly. I am taking Presolar twice a day, Tazloc-H, Modlip 10, Neurobion Forte once a day, and Caldikind sachet...  Read Full »

Why is Indomethacin not helping with my joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chronic gouty arthritis. It started ten plus years ago, and now progressed to every joint in my body with multiple joint attacks at once. I have contant pain in joints, even if there is no attack. The attacks jump from joint to joint nonstop. I have seen many doctor...  Read Full »