iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicineheel painPlease suggest treatment for heel pain.

I am suffering from heel pain since a few days. What should I do?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At April 18, 2020
Reviewed AtApril 10, 2021

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 29 years old. For the past few days, I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up, it pains a lot for the whole day. Please tell me whether it is dangerous. What to do?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Please mention whether you got any trauma on your heel or anyone hurt you physically before the appearance of pain. Please mention the food taken by you before the appearance of pain. If there is no trauma on your heel, you can have gouty arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis that occurs due to elevated blood uric acid. Usually, the pain appears severe in the early morning. The affected joint can be unilateral or bilateral. You can take tablet Voltaren 50 mg (Diclofenac) every eight hours as required. I suggest you do a blood uric acid test. Drink plenty of water. It helps to reduce your blood uric acid levels. You can apply a warm compress to the affected joint. You can also take a vitamin B complex. It helps to reduce your pain. Avoid taking high uric acid diet like beans, internal organs, sardines, spinach, cauliflower, and more than three servings of meat a week. Have a follow-up as soon as possible.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy