Q. I am suffering from heel pain since a few days. What should I do?

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 10, 2021

I am 29 years old. For the past few days, I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up, it pains a lot for the whole day. Please tell me whether it is dangerous. What to do?

#

Please mention whether you got any trauma on your heel or anyone hurt you physically before the appearance of pain. Please mention the food taken by you before the appearance of pain. If there is no trauma on your heel, you can have gouty arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis that occurs due to elevated blood uric acid. Usually, the pain appears severe in the early morning. The affected joint can be unilateral or bilateral. You can take tablet Voltaren 50 mg (Diclofenac) every eight hours as required. I suggest you do a blood uric acid test. Drink plenty of water. It helps to reduce your blood uric acid levels. You can apply a warm compress to the affected joint. You can also take a vitamin B complex. It helps to reduce your pain. Avoid taking high uric acid diet like beans, internal organs, sardines, spinach, cauliflower, and more than three servings of meat a week. Have a follow-up as soon as possible.

|