Heel Pain

Kindly examine my MRI report and provide a treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from right heel pain for the last 11 months. All conservative measures exhausted. I had an MRI today. Can you read the MRI and provide a report?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations on the MRI scan of your right heel below. There is increased thickness observed in the calcaneal insertion of the plantar fascia with increased signal intensity on T1 and TIRM sequence, which suggests plantar fasciitis. Alignment of right ankle...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my right heel when I wake up in the morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain below my right heel when I wake up in the morning. I have this pain for the past month, and now the pain has increased.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your problem. Few questions to ask. 1. Is it only in one heel or both? 2. Is this pain a stabbing in nature? 3. Does it improve with walking? 4. Whether pain re-appears after you start walking or after prolonged rest? 5. Does it wake you up f...  Read Full »

What causes pain at the back of the calcaneus bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain on the first step in the morning is consistent with a condition called as plantar fasciitis whereas pain in the back or posterior aspect of the heel is seen in retrocalcaneal bursitis. Can you please specify the exact position of pain with the imag...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen heel due to injury?

Query: I got injured while playing. I fell and my knee hig the ground. In order to prevent it, I tried to apply counterpressure on the floor using my heel.. And my heel has developed swelling eversince. It's been a week.. In the First days, I couldn't walk properly. Burning sensation was felt over the heel...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy! Dear ,Due to counter pressure on floor you got trauma over the heel .Now numbness are over the heel.A numb heel is most commonly caused by blood flow constriction or nerve damage.The tibial nerve runs inside the tarsal tunnel and may become compressed. My Dea...  Read Full »

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi, i am patient of hyperthyroid. My weight was 52kg cause of hyperthyroism, but i start my medicine from 1 and half years before and recovering from thyroid, and now my weight is increased to 73kg and that why i am facing heel pain but with sport shoe i can walking exercises but without shoe i fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy from here! Looking into your problem ,one of the reason you have yourself mention that weight increased and had heel pain . You have said you were having hyperthyroidism and after medication you got recovered. Those patient having hyper also tend to go into hyp...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Will drugs advised for fatty liver cause heel pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a problem with lower left abdominal pain for 7 years which is diagnosed in 2017 as an umbilical hernia. I subsequently did the surgery in January 2018 and I was diagnosed with moderate fatty liver during the test prior to the surgery. But I was given Liv 52 to take for three mon...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how difficult time you have doing all these visit to doctors. Well, I have gone through your history, I could not see you have any specific gastrointestinal issues at this moment. Your main concerns are related to the neurological department not a gastro...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain after plantar fascia release surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had plantar fascia release surgery three months ago and my doctor released me to work even though I was supposed to get one more x-ray. After getting the second X-ray, he said the x-ray looks good. But, still I am in a lot of pain. Also, the pain has spread to the outside of my foot al...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you th...  Read Full »

Why is the pain due to plantar fasciitis not getting better after using a heel pad?

Query: Hi I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Doctor said to use heel pad. Using it but no relief. Pain is increasing gradually. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq. Sorry to hear about you being troubled with plantar fascitis. it's a fairly common problem. heel pad is indeed helpful but apart from it you need to stop walking bare foot as much as possible. don't use any accupuncture type of footwear, use soft footwear. contrast bath is ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hello sir, 29 yr. Old. Last few days I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up its pain too much and whole day its pain. Please tell me it is dangerous and what I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, I am sorry you feel that way . Has there been any trauma on your heel? Has anyone hurt you physically before pain appears? What have you eaten before pain appears? If there has been no trauma on your heel I am considering Gouty Arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis (inflammation of the joint...  Read Full »