Heel Pain

How to treat swollen heel due to injury?

Query: I got injured while playing. I fell and my knee hig the ground. In order to prevent it, I tried to apply counterpressure on the floor using my heel.. And my heel has developed swelling eversince. It's been a week.. In the First days, I couldn't walk properly. Burning sensation was felt over the heel...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy! Dear ,Due to counter pressure on floor you got trauma over the heel .Now numbness are over the heel.A numb heel is most commonly caused by blood flow constriction or nerve damage.The tibial nerve runs inside the tarsal tunnel and may become compressed. My Dea...  Read Full »

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi, i am patient of hyperthyroid. My weight was 52kg cause of hyperthyroism, but i start my medicine from 1 and half years before and recovering from thyroid, and now my weight is increased to 73kg and that why i am facing heel pain but with sport shoe i can walking exercises but without shoe i fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy from here! Looking into your problem ,one of the reason you have yourself mention that weight increased and had heel pain . You have said you were having hyperthyroidism and after medication you got recovered. Those patient having hyper also tend to go into hyp...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Will drugs advised for fatty liver cause heel pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a problem with lower left abdominal pain for 7 years which is diagnosed in 2017 as an umbilical hernia. I subsequently did the surgery in January 2018 and I was diagnosed with moderate fatty liver during the test prior to the surgery. But I was given Liv 52 to take for three mon...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how difficult time you have doing all these visit to doctors. Well, I have gone through your history, I could not see you have any specific gastrointestinal issues at this moment. Your main concerns are related to the neurological department not a gastro...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain after plantar fascia release surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had plantar fascia release surgery three months ago and my doctor released me to work even though I was supposed to get one more x-ray. After getting the second X-ray, he said the x-ray looks good. But, still I am in a lot of pain. Also, the pain has spread to the outside of my foot al...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you th...  Read Full »

Why is the pain due to plantar fasciitis not getting better after using a heel pad?

Query: Hi I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Doctor said to use heel pad. Using it but no relief. Pain is increasing gradually. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq. Sorry to hear about you being troubled with plantar fascitis. it's a fairly common problem. heel pad is indeed helpful but apart from it you need to stop walking bare foot as much as possible. don't use any accupuncture type of footwear, use soft footwear. contrast bath is ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hello sir, 29 yr. Old. Last few days I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up its pain too much and whole day its pain. Please tell me it is dangerous and what I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, I am sorry you feel that way . Has there been any trauma on your heel? Has anyone hurt you physically before pain appears? What have you eaten before pain appears? If there has been no trauma on your heel I am considering Gouty Arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis (inflammation of the joint...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sharp pain in the ribcage, left knee and heels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I am not overweight or flat-footed. For a little while now I have been getting sharp pains on the top of my rib cage, elbows, my left knee and both of my heels. I have a sharp pain in my heels which lasted over a week and could barely walk. There are some days...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sort of pain you are describing especially the heel one looks more of enthesitis that is the pain due to tendon inflammation. It can happen at various sites like the buttocks, heels, foot, rib area, lower back, and neck. Since none of your joints are involved, it...  Read Full »

For heel bone fracture, shall I keep the special boot with fracture blisters?

Query: Hello doctor,I broke my heel three days ago. The specialist said it is the worst break to get. My question is, should I keep the special boot on even with the fracture blisters. It is painful as it rubs on the boot. Should I keep it on at night also?   Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plaster or a synthetic boot is designed for walking, and if you have blisters then a boot is not advisable for the reasons that you have found and that also indirectly means that you are allowed to walk but in reality, walking or lowering your leg will make the swell...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurveda treatment for cracked soles.

Query: Hi doctor,Both my soles are dry and cracked including the center. It is giving more pain, and I am unable to walk. At times, the pain is very severe. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. There might be many causes for cracked heels like dry atmosphere, wearing ill-fitted or hard sole shoes and standing for very long as this may add extra pressure on feet, walking barefoot, not maintaining proper feet hygiene, sometimes diseases ...  Read Full »