Heel Pain

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient of hyperthyroidism. Initially, my weight was 52 kilograms. After taking medicine for one and half years, I got recovered. But my weight got increased up to 73 kilograms. I am having heel pain. By using sports shoes, I can able to walk and do exercise. But without using sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have weight gain and heel pain. You have mentioned that you have hyperthyroidism and after taking medication, you got recovered. Patients having hyperthyroidism can tend to go into hypothyroidism. Since you had hyperthyroidism and after taking medication, your level...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen heel due to injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I got injured while playing. I fell down and my knee hit the ground. To prevent it, I tried to apply counter pressure on the floor using my heel. Now I have swelling in my heel for a week. On the first day, I could not able to walk properly. I had a burning sensation on the heel. After...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You got a trauma on the heel due to the application of counter pressure over the heel. Now, there is numbness along with it. A numb heel is caused due to blood flow constriction or nerve damage. The tibial nerve runs inside the tarsal tunnel and it can be compressed. Co...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. For the past few days, I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up, it pains a lot for the whole day. Please tell me whether it is dangerous. What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you got any trauma on your heel or anyone hurt you physically before the appearance of pain. Please mention the food taken by you before the appearance of pain. If there is no trauma on your heel, you can have gouty arthritis. It is a kind of ...  Read Full »

Why is the pain due to plantar fasciitis not getting better after using a heel pad?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. The doctor advised me to use a heel pad. Even after using it, there is no relief. My pain is getting increased gradually. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have plantar fascitis. It is a fairly common problem. Using a heel pad is helpful but you need to stop walking using barefoot. Do not use any acupuncture type of footwear and use soft footwear. Taking a contrast bath helps you. Take alternative warm and cold...  Read Full »

Kindly examine my MRI report and provide a treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from right heel pain for the last 11 months. All conservative measures exhausted. I had an MRI today. Can you read the MRI and provide a report?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations on the MRI scan of your right heel below. There is increased thickness observed in the calcaneal insertion of the plantar fascia with increased signal intensity on T1 and TIRM sequence, which suggests plantar fasciitis. Alignment of right ankle...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my right heel when I wake up in the morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain below my right heel when I wake up in the morning. I have this pain for the past month, and now the pain has increased.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your problem. Few questions to ask. 1. Is it only in one heel or both? 2. Is this pain a stabbing in nature? 3. Does it improve with walking? 4. Whether pain re-appears after you start walking or after prolonged rest? 5. Does it wake you up f...  Read Full »

What causes pain at the back of the calcaneus bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain on the first step in the morning is consistent with a condition called as plantar fasciitis whereas pain in the back or posterior aspect of the heel is seen in retrocalcaneal bursitis. Can you please specify the exact position of pain with the imag...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Will drugs advised for fatty liver cause heel pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a problem with lower left abdominal pain for 7 years which is diagnosed in 2017 as an umbilical hernia. I subsequently did the surgery in January 2018 and I was diagnosed with moderate fatty liver during the test prior to the surgery. But I was given Liv 52 to take for three mon...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how difficult time you have doing all these visit to doctors. Well, I have gone through your history, I could not see you have any specific gastrointestinal issues at this moment. Your main concerns are related to the neurological department not a gastro...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain after plantar fascia release surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had plantar fascia release surgery three months ago and my doctor released me to work even though I was supposed to get one more x-ray. After getting the second X-ray, he said the x-ray looks good. But, still I am in a lot of pain. Also, the pain has spread to the outside of my foot al...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you th...  Read Full »