Q. Does nutcracker syndrome cause stress and depression?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 21, 2021

I am a 21 year old student. I recently found that I have nutcracker syndrome. I fear that it will affect my mitral valve prolapse or cause some damage to the heart, leading to stress and depression.

#

• Nutcracker syndrome is a condition in which the left renal vein gets compressed between two large vessels, superior mesenteric artery and the aorta.
  • The compression will result in renal venous hypertension, and rupture of thin-walled veins. Hence, there is resultant hematuria and left flank pain.
  • It does not cause heart problems, stress or depression.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|