Q. I saw a blood clot present in my stools. Please suggest an effective medicine and treatment.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I have a blood clot or tissue and bleeding in stool. I noticed a tissue piece a few days back almost before 4 to 5 days. I notice twice and bledding was only once. The blood color was normal and I have minor pain below my belly button. I do not have irritation or redness around anus.

#

I welcome you to icliniq.

Well the findings you described suggest that you have hemorrhoids/piles. Since hemorrhoids can occur as sole cause (primary mostly due to constipation or excessive force while passing stools) or a menifestation of an other disorder called as secondary hemorrhoids. Since I do not have more information about rest of your health: such as constipation, diarrhea, forceful stool evacuation, change in weight or decrease in appetite, any family history of abdominal cancers, and some more information that is essential; before I can comment whether it is primary or secondary hemorrhoids!.

The tissue you feel is basically distended blood vessel. The hemorrhoids have 4 grades-1 to 4, it is probably grade 2 or 3 which are often palpable at the time of passing stools. Treatment for now till you provide more information:

1. avoid constipation. take isabgol husk 2 table spoon full with water daily

2. tab daflon 500 mg twice daily for 5 days

3. avoid giving excessive pressure while passing stool for pain you can apply Xylocain gel 2% 4 to 6 hourly for 5 days.

I hope this will help you for now. good day

hemorrhoids and constipation or defecatory disorder

solitary rectal ulcer syndrome
ulcerarive colitis
anal or rectal tumors

hemorrhoids due to constipation or defecatory disorder

as above

follow up to discuss and provide more informartion and see the response

|