Q. I saw a blood clot present in my stools. Please suggest an effective medicine and treatment.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2021

I have a blood clot or tissue and bleeding in my stool. I noticed a tissue piece a few days back almost before four to five days. I noticed it twice and bleeding was seen only once. My blood color was normal and I have a minor pain below my belly button. I do not have any irritation or redness around the anus. It has been a week of having this pain.

#

Your description suggests that you have hemorrhoids or piles. Hemorrhoids can occur solely due to constipation or excessive force produced while passing stools or a manifestation of another disorder called secondary hemorrhoids. As you have not given more information about the rest of your health such as constipation, diarrhea, forceful stool evacuation, change in weight or decrease in appetite, and any family history of abdominal cancers, and so it is difficult for me to say whether you have primary or secondary hemorrhoids. You have a tissue due to a distended blood vessel. Hemorrhoids have four grades ranging from one to four. You seem to have grade 2 or 3 which are often palpable at the time of passing stools. For now, you can take Isabgol husk two tablespoons with water daily. Avoid constipation. You can take tablet Daflon 500 mg (Diosmin) twice daily for five days. Avoid giving excessive pressure while passing stools. For pain, you can apply Xylocaine gel 2% four to six hourly for five days.

You seem to have hemorrhoids due to constipation or defecatory disorder.

You can have solitary rectal ulcer syndrome, ulcerative colitis, and anal or rectal tumors.

Follow as mentioned above.

Have a follow-up with more information to discuss further to know your cause.

|