Q. I suffer from sports hernia or Gilmore's groin. Please suggest some medicine to cure it.

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Nov 04, 2018

I suffer from sports hernia or Gilmore's groin. I have severe pain at the sphincter of the inguinal canal and scrotum. Please suggest some medicine to cure it.

#

Gilmore's groin needs surgical treatment, or it is best to restore the torn ligaments of the inguinal canal. Medications reduce pain temporarily. You should consult a surgeon soon for treating the condition. Other conditions like cord swelling and orchalgia have to be ruled out.

Please prescribe some best medicines for getting relief and strength.

#

You can take tablet Enzoflam (Paracetamol, Aceclofenac, and Serratiopeptidase) thrice daily after meals. You can take tablet Pantocid 40 mg once daily before breakfast. Take these tablets for five days and then continue it when it is needed. If the pain is severe, you can take tablet Tryptomer 10 mg (Amitriptyline) once daily at bedtime. This tablet may cause more sleep initially.

Is surgery necessary for inflamed eye carbuncle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small ball in the corner of my left eye, (on my nose side). I have looked it up and apparently, it is an inflamed eye carbuncle. The surrounding area inside my eye is becoming increasingly red. Please what is the regular treatment for this? Do I need surgery? I am taking anti...  Read Full »

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full »