Q. Can a person travel while on Acyclovir for shingles?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Shingles or Acyclovir? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a patient, age 30, with Crohn’s disease. I take Humira and recently had a flare up, thus started a round of Prednisone to get through the flare-up. The combination of Humira and Prednisone has resulted in shingles. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed Acyclovir. I was six days into the shingles before realizing I needed to see a dermatologist. I have been on Acyclovir for two days and have not seen the shingles spread. Can I go for a trip?