Q. Is Hb level of 22 normal in newborn?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Hemoglobin or Phototherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This is regarding my friend's daughter. The baby is 7 days old. Initially, we were reported that the baby had jaundice. She was on phototherapy for two days and was declared normal. Now, her hemoglobin level is 22. Her father's Hb level is 17. Is hemoglobin level 22 normal in newborn? We are advised now to go for drips due to high Hb level. Is that a correct treatment?