Q. How can jaundice be treated in a 4-year-old?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
Published on Nov 19, 2017

My 4-year-old daughter with a weight of 12 kg has jaundice for the last 10 days. She is on HepaMerz Syrup and Mosegor-V Syrup. What should be done more to cure her?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

#

• Jaundice in a 4-year-old child is usually viral.
  • My advice would be to feed her every once or twice hourly despite her desire to vomit as nutrition is the only key to faster recovery.
  • Give her whatever she likes to eat after proper hygienic measure.
  • Contact immediately to the hospital if she is refusing her feeds or if she becomes unconscious or if she talks incoherently.
  • I suggest Ursodeoxycholic Acid syrup one teaspoonful twice a day can be given. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

How can itching be effectively and safely controlled during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and is four months pregnant now. She is suffering from severe itching which is not responding to any medication. Her doctor advised to take Udiliv 150 and Cetirizine, but there is no relief. We changed the doctor, and this doc advised to take Udiplus 300, capsu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is obstetric cholestasis. During pregnancy, Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg is the best and effective treatment for cholestasis. Your gynecologist has prescribed yo...  Read Full

Do I have parasites in my feces?

Query: Hello doctor, Do I have parasites in my feces? Please check the attached report. The small black pieces are cigarette ashes. Many thanks for your opinion and your advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) You have quite a heavy parasitic infestation. From the picture, it looks like Ascaris or hookworm. It is difficult to identify since it is not clear. I would advise you to consult...  Read Full

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having a viral infection, lymphocytosis can persist for seven to ten days. Your low neutrophils are relative, and it is because of increased lymphocytes. Platelet can be high because of inflammation or by iron deficiency anemia as a reactive thrombocytosis. Urinar...  Read Full