Q. How can jaundice be treated in a 4-year-old?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

My 4-year-old daughter with a weight of 12 kg has jaundice for the last 10 days. She is on HepaMerz Syrup and Mosegor-V Syrup. What should be done more to cure her?

#

• Jaundice in a 4-year-old child is usually viral.
  • My advice would be to feed her every once or twice hourly despite her desire to vomit as nutrition is the only key to faster recovery.
  • Give her whatever she likes to eat after proper hygienic measure.
  • Contact immediately to the hospital if she is refusing her feeds or if she becomes unconscious or if she talks incoherently.
  • I suggest Ursodeoxycholic Acid syrup one teaspoonful twice a day can be given. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|