Q. Why is my eosinophil count raised?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Please see the attached reports. My eosinophils are 22.1 %, but a year back, it was 11.2 %. I have back pain, and my vitamin D is also very less. The vitamin D level is 12. I had a 3 mm kidney stone a year back, but it got removed without surgery. Because of the back pain, I got an MRI done. The MRI showed disk protrusion in L1 and L2.

#

I just read your query and the detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached.

• It does seem that you have high eosinophils, high WBC (white blood cells), and low vitamin D levels. Your high eosinophils are due to allergy, which could be in the form of common cold, pollen, dust or food or anything that you must try to find out in your daily life.
  • You probably have some upper respiratory tract infection, that is why your white blood count is a bit high. I suggest you try the following:
  1. Tablet Loratadine 10 mg, once a day at bedtime for a week for your allergies.
  2. Tablet Vitamin D 5000, once daily anytime after meals for 2 to 3 months.
  3. Daily sun exposure for 30 minutes.
  4. Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg, once a day for three days on an empty stomach for your high WBC.
  5. You have to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now