Q. I have a pain where my leg joins the hip. What could it be?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 19 year old male. I have been having pain near the right groin, where the leg joins the hip, for the last two months. It used to be very painful mostly during the end of the day. It was not always present, only twice or thrice a week. But now, it has become worse. So, I went to the doctor. He gave me some medicines but, it did not work out. So, he asked me to get an X-ray of the right hip and pelvis. The X-ray was normal and there was nothing wrong. However, I do get some internal sound when I put my leg down or if I lift it high. Now, I get pain at my back on the right side. A year ago, I had a blood test showing zero myocytes. The doctor said that the sound is a muscle sound. It pains mostly at night. I cannot even sit properly.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

• It is difficult to identify the cause on the X-ray. If the pain is now on the back as well, two things need to be ruled out.
  • The first is arthritis of the hip and the second is PIVD (prolapsed intervertebral disc). An MRI of the right hip with LS (lumbar spine) screening and CBC (complete blood count) should also be done to rule out an infiltrative disorder.
  • For the time being, I suggest you take Naproxen 250 mg twice daily along with Pantoprazole before breakfast.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Could this be due to exercises or as I sit most of the day?

#

• Muscle spasm around the hip can also cause such symptoms. However, the pathological causes need to be ruled out first.

|