Q. I rubbed my eyes after inserting my finger in my partner's vagina. Am I at the risk of HIV?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on Nov 16, 2019

I always have low WBC since childhood. I had a blow job, and inserted my finger in her vagina, and I am afraid because I might have rubbed my eyes after that. Am I at risk for HIV?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

The chance of transmission of HIV by blow job is almost nil unless, there are bleeding wounds in both the partners, in the area of contact. It is very unlikely. So there is almost a nil chance.

The transmission of HIV by finger insertion is also nil. Skin is an effective barrier. HIV does not survive in the environment or on hands for long. So the chances of transmission of HIV through eyes is very very minimal or nil. So the risk is almost nil. If she is negative there is no risk at all. You can get her tested. You can also get tested by antibodies test after three months of exposure. Else do an HIV RNA PCR test after 10 days of exposure.

My last HIV risk exposure was three to four years back. Am I safe now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 65-year-old white male and tested negative for HIV 1 and 2 in a one-time test three to four years ago. I am not sure if it was a third or fourth generation test. I tested negative with a fourth generation test four months back because I thought I might be having some symptoms. ...  Read Full »

Which HIV test can be done nine days after possible exposure?

Query: Hello doctor,I did deep kissing like nine days ago with a girl that had HIV. Of course, I knew that after. And while it was dark, I was kissing her body too but because I did not have condom we did not have sex. Is it possible to get HIV by kissing her body or contacts with a body rash or something ...  Read Full »

Can HIV spread through a cut on a finger?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a query related to HIV. I had visited a massage parlor 57 days ago, where at the end I had fingered the masseuse for about one to one and a half minute and she performed a hand job (no other activities). I have a habit of biting my nail and the skin around the nail. The day befor...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now