Q. The CSW had some white patches near her vagina. Should I get tested for HIV?

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Dec 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had sex with a prostitute and not sure if she has HIV or not. However, I have used a condom as a protection. Now, do I need to do an HIV test to check?

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have noted your concern. Protected sex is safe and there is no risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). Regards.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Dear doctor,

Do I need to undergo an HIV test? She was having some white patches near her vagina and her legs.

Dr. Kakkar

#

Perhaps she had a fungal infection.

No, there is no need for HIV test as protected sex is safe from the risk of HIV. However, you may take an HIV screening test if you wish so, for your own satisfaction but it is not compulsory in your case. Regards.

For further queries consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

When is an HIV test regarded as conclusive?

Query: Hello doctor, For my company's official purpose, I recently went through an HIV test. I have attached the report. Kindly please check and guide me if everything is fine and what the report means.  Read Full »

I took PEP after 42 hours of HIV exposure. Am I safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I had protected vaginal intercourse with an HIV positive woman and I had taken PEP after 42 hours of exposure. I was texted negative at the baseline with PCR RNA test and post completing PEP my blood was drawn again for PCR RNA test and it took five days to get the results. I am very ha...  Read Full »

I had a tiny cut on the shaft three hours before the act. Is HIV transmission possible?

Query: Hello doctor,I had protected sex with a sex worker. First, she started off with a protected blowjob followed by protected sex which lasted no more than 30 seconds.My concern is that three to four hours prior to sex, I shaved my penis and got a tiny cut on the shaft. Although during the entire activi...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now