Q. The CSW had some white patches near her vagina. Should I get tested for HIV?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had sex with a prostitute and not sure if she has HIV or not. However, I have used a condom as a protection. Now, do I need to do an HIV test to check?

#

I have noted your concern. Protected sex is safe and there is no risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). Regards.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Dear doctor,

Do I need to undergo an HIV test? She was having some white patches near her vagina and her legs.

#

Perhaps she had a fungal infection.

No, there is no need for HIV test as protected sex is safe from the risk of HIV. However, you may take an HIV screening test if you wish so, for your own satisfaction but it is not compulsory in your case. Regards.

For further queries consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|