Q. I took CMIA test 100 days after unprotected sex. Is it conclusive for HIV?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

I had unprotected sex with a sex worker five months back. After that every month I have taken CMIA fourth generation test. After almost 100 days, I took WB test. Then today I took again CMIA test. It is all negative but every month the index values are getting increased from 0.10 to now 0.24. since today it is 110 days over after post exposure. Now I did not do any sexual activity to date. So please confirm me whether I need to wait for six months or it is conclusive of HIV negative? Nowadays I am getting headaches and dry lips. I have also had sinusitis issue.

#

The HIV tests are repeatedly negative and after three months exposure. It is conclusive. You are free from HIV. There is no need for further HIV tests.The symptoms are non-specific and are not related to HIV.

For more information consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

Thanks a lot. But my concern is WB interpretation. It shows negative though it says viral specific bands present. It confuses me a lot. So could you please go through the interpretation read and guide me, please. Also, I took the CMIA test in the same lab. But every month the index value is rising. That is why I am worried a lot. Please clarify doctor.

#

Western blot also is negative. It is not positive. Do not worry about the index value once it is negative. Some minor variation in laboratory readings can occur. Forget about it. You are free from HIV provided there is no further risk exposure.

|