Q. Please see the x-ray, and tell me the reason for my foot pain.

Dr. Srikanth Nara

I have foot pain, and I want to get some advice on the attached x-ray. I have been using moon boot for eight weeks (non-weight bearing), but I had to walk with it over the last couple of weeks. What is the dark area at the base of the first metatarsal area? Should I be concerned about the space between that area? And should I also be worried about the spacing near the cuboid and the fifth metatarsal on the oblique view? I do have a fourth base capsular disruption, as per my surgeon.

#

I have seen your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I accept that there is minimal disruption present, but that is managed based on your response to conservative management. Though it might be difficult, it is good that you have been on a non-weight bearing for eight weeks.
  • I advise using shoes or covered sandals for another few weeks, and you can bear weight. Before going further with management, I would like to know few things about you.
  1. How is your daily routine, are you a heavy worker? Does your work involve a lot of walking, weight lifting, etc.?
  2. What is your weight and height?
  3. How much improvement do you feel with over-the-counter drugs?
  4. Can you send a clinical photo of both your feet?

Please let me know these details.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

I have attached the photo of my feet, and the injured foot is the non-tattoo foot. I have not been able to put any pressure on my foot today. It is hurting that bad, and I feel it covers more of the midfoot now than ever. I am 170 cm tall and weigh 55 kg. I am a stay home mom, with three boys. I am taking Endone and Panadeine forte, with which I am barely getting any relief.

#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Clinically your foot looks good. And I hope you do not do heavy works, so I suggest you continue the same painkiller, but use it as a top up to the advice I give.
  • Take warm water in a bucket and immerse your feet in it for 10 minutes, this will give you more relief.
  • You can start physiotherapy, I mean the strengthening of your intrinsic foot muscles, this will help you a lot in coming months.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|