Q. I workout regularly,but not able to lose weight. Please help.

Dr. Prathap Kumar. M. P
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2019

I eat healthy, I workout, but I am not able to lose weight. I am really worried about my health. What can I do?

#

I want you to understand how metabolism plays an important role in weight gain or weight reduction. An increased metabolism will lead to more energy burning which will help you to reduce weight.

How to increase metabolism?

1. As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of warm water. This will kick start your metabolism.
  2. Have a healthy breakfast. Have maximum quantity of what you can eat as breakfast and reduce the quantity for lunch and even less for dinner.
  3. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
  4. Our body uses carbohydrates first for energy. Once carbohydrates are no more available, fats and then proteins are broken down to get energy. So, if you need to burn fat fast, take a little amount of carbohydrates in your food.

Regarding exercise:

1. Do exercises for at least for 4 days in a week.
  2. Remember that you need to take rest as the body needs time to repair the damage caused during exercise.

Stay healthy.

|