Q. I workout regularly,but not able to lose weight. Please help.

Dr. Prathap Kumar
Published on Jun 30, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2019

I eat healthy, I workout, but I am not able to lose weight. I am really worried about my health. What can I do?

Dr. Prathap Kumar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I want you to understand how metabolism plays an important role in weight gain or weight reduction. An increased metabolism will lead to more energy burning which will help you to reduce weight.

How to increase metabolism?

1. As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of warm water. This will kick start your metabolism.
  2. Have a healthy breakfast. Have maximum quantity of what you can eat as breakfast and reduce the quantity for lunch and even less for dinner.
  3. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
  4. Our body uses carbohydrates first for energy. Once carbohydrates are no more available, fats and then proteins are broken down to get energy. So, if you need to burn fat fast, take a little amount of carbohydrates in your food.

Regarding exercise:

1. Do exercises for at least for 4 days in a week.
  2. Remember that you need to take rest as the body needs time to repair the damage caused during exercise.

Stay healthy.

I think the Insulin injection is not reducing my mother's sugar levels. Should we change it?

Query: Hi doctor, My 77 year old mother, who weighs 115 kg, is suffering from diabetes mellitus since last 6 to 8 years. Her fasting sugar level is 180 and postprandial is 250. She is taking Insulin from the past 3 to 4 years, Humalog 50/50 (twice a day 40 units). And her HbA1c is also high. She also takes...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight reduction is very important in diabetes. Maintain a strict diet and walk daily to reduce weight. I suggest changing tablet Jentin Met (combination of Sitagliptin and Metformin) to tablet Galvus Met (combination of Vildagliptin and Metformin). Continue with In...  Read Full

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, eating only low carbohydrate will not help. Follow a protein-rich, low carbohydrate, a fiber-rich diet that will fulfill the purpose. Have three small meals per day with lots of water. You can cheat sometimes with healthy junks. Exercise regularly with walk in ...  Read Full

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full >>

Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now