Q. My partner has HPV. Can love making with her be dangerous?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am 24 years old. My partner has HPV and I did not make love with her. Should I worry about the HPV? Is it dangerous for me? Can it cause cancer to me?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• HPV (human papillomavirus) is a common infection and mostly resolves on its own without treatment.
  • Even if you get infected, the chance of developing the disease is very less.
  • You can have sex using a condom and avoid oral sex.
  • HPV can cause cancer but the incidence is low.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can it be dangerous for me?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• The infection is common but cancer is rare.
  • You can get HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccine, but you cannot completely remove the risk.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|