Q. I have enlarged right testicle. Please guide.

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 23, 2019

Hi doctor,

I am a 44 year old male. I have enlarged right testicle, which is three to four times the left one. There is no pain or discomfort. I have noticed it today only. It may be there for some time. Please help.



Welcome to

We are here to help you.

  • This enlarged testicle can be because of hernia, hydrocele or any tumor of the testis.
  • You definitely need to get an ultrasound Doppler of the scrotum following consultation with the surgeon. Please write back to me with the ultrasound report.

Investigations to be done:

Ultrasound Doppler of scrotum.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the investigation report to an internal medicine physician online.--->

Hi doctor,

Your advice helped. I visited a surgeon, followed by an ultrasound. I have attached the reports for your reference. Kindly advice as deemed fit. Also, please help me understanding a few things. Is this hydrocele? If yes, then is it curable? Ultrasound says that both testicles are of almost same size. However, I feel that my right testicle is at least three times of left one. Can this be due to any fluid outside right testicle in the skin or membrane? Can it be treated without operation? How much time does it take approximately to cure? If required to be operated only, how much time of rest is required? Is it advisable to wear a supporter for scrotum?



Welcome back to

  • Yes, you have hydrocele (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and this cannot be treated by medicine and it requires surgery.
  • Your larger testis is due to the hydrocele effect only. This is completely treatable by surgery.
  • Hardly three to four days rest is needed post surgery.
  • Yes, you should wear a scrotal support.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What can be done for thickened spermatic code with trace hydrocele?

.. understand your concern. I have gone through the ultrasound report you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please let me know what are your symptoms? Do you have lower abdominal pain? Please reply me answers of above-as...   Read full

Why do I have shooting pain in my calves after walking?

I am hoping it is a Doppler ultrasound ...   Read full

I have swelling even after aspiration of fluid from the scrotum after hydrocelectomy. Why?

.. fluid indicate fluid leaking from the tummy down through the inguinal canal to the scrotum. Hydrocele can be non-communicating, which can be treated by classical hydrocelectomy, but the communicating type should have ligation of the patent vaginal...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Dengue Fever: Common Questions Answered
Dengue fever is a self-limiting mosquito-borne viral illness that has taken a massive toll on public health. Read below ...  Read more»
Listeriosis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Listeriosis is a bacterial infection, that can result in severe complications like meningitis, sepsis, and even death. R...  Read more»
Myositis - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prognosis
The term "myositis" refers to a set of uncommon diseases. To know more about myositis, read the full article below.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.