Q. I have enlarged right testicle. Please guide.

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 23, 2019

I am a 44 year old male. I have enlarged right testicle, which is three to four times the left one. There is no pain or discomfort. I have noticed it today only. It may be there for some time. Please help.

#

We are here to help you.

• This enlarged testicle can be because of hernia, hydrocele or any tumor of the testis.
  • You definitely need to get an ultrasound Doppler of the scrotum following consultation with the surgeon. Please write back to me with the ultrasound report.

Ultrasound Doppler of scrotum.

Revert back with the investigation report to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Your advice helped. I visited a surgeon, followed by an ultrasound. I have attached the reports for your reference. Kindly advice as deemed fit. Also, please help me understanding a few things. Is this hydrocele? If yes, then is it curable? Ultrasound says that both testicles are of almost same size. However, I feel that my right testicle is at least three times of left one. Can this be due to any fluid outside right testicle in the skin or membrane? Can it be treated without operation? How much time does it take approximately to cure? If required to be operated only, how much time of rest is required? Is it advisable to wear a supporter for scrotum?

#

• Yes, you have hydrocele (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and this cannot be treated by medicine and it requires surgery.
  • Your larger testis is due to the hydrocele effect only. This is completely treatable by surgery.
  • Hardly three to four days rest is needed post surgery.
  • Yes, you should wear a scrotal support.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|