Q. Should I take an antibiotic if there is water in the fallopian tube?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Two days back, I had my laparoscopy. My right tube was found to be dilated and the ports were open. The left one was completely closed and after forceful attempts, it was opened but only a slow progression was there. Now, under the current circumstances, is there any antibiotic for water in the right tube?

#

How are you doing?

• Water in the tube is hydrosalpinx. This is a collection of the fluid secreted from the lining of the tubes. Usually, if one tube is damaged, the other one will also show some damage.
  • The best antibiotic for genital tract infections is capsule Clindamycin 300 mg thrice a day for 14 days. This is the answer to your query.
  • But if I may explain some more, the tubes have been forcibly opened, and they are anatomically open and looking normal, but they need not be functional. The inner lining of the tubes will be damaged. They can fuse back or get blocked. Hence, there is a risk for tubal pregnancy. 
  • Keeping your age and tubal status in mind, going for an IVF (in vitro fertilization) would be a better option, as a tube is not needed for IVF pregnancy. You can definitely try normally, but keep this in mind too.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if you have any more queries. All the best.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|