Q. Does hydrosalpinx recur after a bilateral tube disconnection?

I am 36 years old. I had a bilateral hydrosalpinx (HSG) mainly due to endometriosis. I do not have any pain symptoms, and I had a bilateral tubal disconnection to maintain the blood supply to the ovaries. After this, I had IVF but failed. I had HSG again, and I do not know if there was spilling on the right side but no hydrosalpinx. Some doctors suggest left tube corneal end cauterization, but I was afraid. I had the hysteroscopy and was free, and I am now on the second trial with the frozen ones but experienced now some watery vaginal discharge, and I am worried if there is hydrosalpinx and the second HSG after disconnection what do you think and what you suggest?

#

I find lots of misunderstandings in the history. From the report you have sent, I can say that your uterus is normal and thereby there will be no problems in undergoing IVF.

Once the tubes have been disconnected, how can you still have HSG showing spill in either tube? The inner diameter of the tube is 1 mm and is so sensitive. Once the tube has been disconnected by a knot or clip or cautery or any other method, then there can be the reversal of patency only by surgery, if the prognosis is bad. I do not see any fluid collection inside the tubal area. As you see there is no such connection between uterine cavity and tubes. So the watery discharge cannot be from tubes. Fluid could be from erosion on the cervix, or a vaginal infection, which can be treated locally. So in total, I feel the uterus is normal and can confidently go ahead with IVF, no need to have any further interventions on tubes. They are not visible and have no connections with the uterine cavity. So neither can fluid enter uterus from tubes nor can embryo enter tubes from the uterus.

To further substantiate my advice, your hysteroscopy was also normal. So just do not worry about it. Hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more queries and give me your feedback.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|