Q. What is the reason for my vaginal bleeding on the same day of my very first intercourse?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I had unprotected intercourse for the first time one month ago. That day itself, bleeding started. I am not sure whether the bleeding I had was menstrual bleeding or because of the I-pill that I took. The bleeding lasted for seven days, and it was very light on the last two days. I took the pill within 26 hours of unprotected intercourse. But I did not have my periods for this month. I took a urine pregnancy test 30 days after the intercourse, and it came back negative. Is there any chance of pregnancy?

Kindly help.

#

Since you had emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy. Also you say that you had bleeding after taking the pill.

So relax and do not worry. There is no chance of pregnancy.

Take care.

I had intercourse for the first time and started bleeding instantly. I took the pill the next day after intercourse, and the bleeding continued for seven days.

Thanks.

#

Bleeding for the first time is common, and there is nothing to worry about. Since you had bleeding for seven days, it could be because of your periods. And as you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy.

So relax and do not worry.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I will do a blood test and revert immediately.

Is there any chance that the bleeding I had was because of the pill I took? And will my periods for this month get delayed? Is the home pregnancy test result taken precisely after one month of intercourse reliable?

Kindly help.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com. The bleeding could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. But if you were close to your due, then it could be because of your periods. Yes, there are chances of your periods getting delayed. And the pregnancy tests are reliable, but only the blood test is confirmatory.

Take care.

Thanks for the response.

I am really worried, as I am not being able to ask anyone about this. After having intercourse for the first time, how many days one can bleed because of the intercourse? If the bleeding was because of the pill I took, does it confirm that I am not pregnant?

Thanks.

#

Bleeding itself rules out pregnancy. So relax and do not worry.

Take care.

|