Q. What could be the reason for burning sensation and ulcers on the tongue after taking a multivitamin tablet ?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I had consumed half a tablet of multivitamin and felt a burning sensation in my throat and stomach. After some time, I developed ulcers in my throat, and after twelve hours, I acquired two ulcers on my tongue and swelling on my face.

What should I do? Kindly help me with this.

#

In some patients, certain compounds can cause idiosyncratic reactions. However, it is not familiar with the consumption of multivitamins. All you need to do is stop taking this medicine right now. And apply antacid gel if it is still causing burning in the throat. Also, you can apply topical anesthetic antiseptic solutions like Dologel CT (Choline salicylate). If the lesions are too severe, you can use topical steroids or steroid gargles using Betamethasone tablets. You will be fine.

I have been feeling elevated internal temperature since I took the tablets. Also, the tablets were effervescent, if it makes any difference.

#

If there have not been any generalized severe eruptions involving mucosa and skin throughout the body and if vital parameters are normal, this is not an issue. You might add a systemic antihistamines tablet Hydroxyzine 25 mg twice a day.

Furthermore, I would like to tell you that if the symptoms are mild, all you need to do is symptomatic treatment.

|