Q. What is causing my BP to rise in spite of taking the medications?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

I am in my late forties, with a height of 185 cm and a weight of 95 kg.

I have a diabetic family history form both sides.

Currently, I am taking the following medicines:

1, For BP - The tablet Concor 5 mg, one tablet daily at night for the past eleven years.

2, For Cholesterol - The tablet Lipitor 10 mg, one tablet daily for the past eleven years.

3, For Blood Sugar - The tablet Glucophage 850 mg, one tablet daily after food for the past two years.

My fasting blood sugar is 140 mg/dL.

My problem is that my BP is not in control in spite of taking the medications. It is 170/100 mmHg.

Please let me know if any more details are required.

#

Thank you for the query and I can understand your concern.

According to your statement, you have been suffering from uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure despite taking the antihypertensive drug, the tablet Concor (Bisoprolol) 5 mg.

You can take antihypertensive medications like a combination of both the tablet Losartan potassium and the tablet Hydrochlorothiazide in the morning and sedatives like the tablet Benzodiazepine at night.

Hopefully, these medications will help to control your high blood pressure within 15 to 30 days.

Take care.

|