Hypopigmented Patches

White patches developed on spots where corticosteroid was applied. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has skin lesions that started last year. They are on one side of the body. Initially, she got eczema kind small red rashes for which we applied Corticosteroid and later we observed whitish patches developing on those spots. Initially, the GP thought it could be tinea versicolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and clinical photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the present situation, it looks to be vitiligo. Since it is on one side of the body, it can be called as segmental vitiligo also. Tacrolimus is the right m...  Read Full »

My face is looking very uneven after laser treatment. Is it hypopigmentation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had taken 3 peel and 3 lasers (Q-switching) for skin lightening. I have dark skin. After the treatment my cheeks have become very fair and it does not get tanned also. However the rest of the face is still dark. It has developed after the Q-switching session. I want to know is this h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. In most cases it is temporary and will automatically revert back to normal in few weeks and sometimes in few months. Do not intentionally go for sun exposure as it may worsen your condition. Which peel did they use? Wh...  Read Full »

My baby has a white spot on his back. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 week old baby has a white spot on his back. Is it vitiligo?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. With your descriptions it seems your child may have pityriasis alba (fine, dry and pale patches). Pityriasis alba is a treatable disease and more common in childhood or it may be pre vitiligo. Please get reviewed with picture for bette...  Read Full »

How can hypopigmentation be treated in an infant?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6-week-old daughter has got white hypopigmented areas on bilateral groins and both inner thighs more in the left groin. Also, they seem to be appearing near the umbilicus and upper chest. We are very worried about it and want to know if there is any treatment available for it. Your ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She seems to have trichrome vitiligo which is an indication of active disease. I would like to know the duration. Were they present at birth? Is it spreading? Did you...  Read Full »

I have a skin disease with itching in hands and legs with hair fall problem. Give me advice and details related to the disease.

Query: Dear Doctor, I have skin disease with itching in hands and legs along with heavy hair fall problem. I have attached my medical report and prescription (attachment removed to protect privacy). Give me advice and details related to the disease. Also I need more details about the prescription.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your biopsy shows hansen's disease or leprosy in common language. To help you better, I need a few photos of the lesion and few more details. Also kindly answer the following questions: Do you have any dry hypopigmented patch anywhere on the body? Do you have any tingling...  Read Full »

On application of Selsun blue shampoo, my cheek turned white. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. From my childhood, I had white patches (skin discoloration) that come and go and I was informed that was due to dandruff. I always use moisturizer. I read an online post and I applied Selsun blue shampoo on one side of the cheek where there were light wheatish pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by white patches? Was it diagnosed as Pityriasis versicolor or vitiligo? Please send images. What medications have you used till now? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »