Q. Will Eidel induced hypopigmented patch on face fade on its own?

Dr. Megha Kakani

I experienced a rash after an allergic reaction that spans from my chest, neck, and face. I removed the allergen from my diet and was prescribed Elidel to help clear the rash. However, I experienced over the course of two to three days, white patches which look as there is absolutely no pigment present in these areas.

Will hypopigmentation from the use of Elidel fade? I was prescribed Elidel for the first time for a rash on my face. I am pale, but these are extremely white patches reminiscent of acne scars (but being completely flat). Is this likely to be permanent? Will it likely fade? If it may fade, how long would this likely take? What are my potential treatment options? No major injury to the sites was noticed aside from the generalized rash that was being treated.

#

If the patch is secondary to the use of Elidel (Pimecrolimus) fade cream then it is temporary. Within two or three months gradually it will subside. Right now do not use anything else on the face except for sunscreen and moisturizer. If it does not subside even after three months then you can go for the treatment. In treatment there are medicines available which helps in repigmentation of the skin. But right now do not apply any medicines. Let it heal on its own.

Post-inflammatory hypopigmentation.

Sunscreen and moisturizer.

One month.

Just to clarify, do you mean that if the patches are caused by the cream, then it will likely fade with the given time? Also, what would be the recommended medicines in the case that it does not fade?

#

Yes, if it is because of medicine it will fade with time. In case, if it does not fade then it is unlikely that it is because of medicine. In case, if it does not fade then start using Tacrolimus cream 0.03%. Apply at night.

|