Q. My skin color varies in different body parts. Why?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

My skin is not clear, and I have my skin with different colors. I drink a lot of soda. Do I have the skin color due to drinking soda? How can I clear it? Please suggest.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have beautiful brown shade. There is no connection between a soda and skin color. But alcohol can increase the activity of sebaceous glands, and it makes the skin more oily. Your chest color is lighter than your face. It is normal as the face is always exposed more to sunlight when compared to the chest.

You have seborrheic melanosis around your mouth. Seborrheic melanosis is due to excessive oil production from the sebaceous glands of the face. You can use topical Elidel 1 % cream (Pimecrolimus). Apply it to the dark area around the mouth at night. You can use a good sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) 50. Apply it to the face before 30 minutes when you are going out. Use Salicylic acid face wash to wash the excess oil present in the face.

|