Q. Do I need any medicine for my thyroid level?

Dr. Divakara P
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 92 kg and height is 5'9". I got tested for cholesterol and thyroid today. I am attaching my report for your reference. I want to know whether I am suffering from hypothyroidism or any other thyroid disorder. Do I need to start any medication for thyroid? I have a weight gain problem since one month, feeling exhausted and lethargic most of the time. Also, I want to know if my cholesterol levels are high. Also, please explain the necessary steps to control it.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is slightly high. It means that you are having a thyroid problem (hypothyroidism). But, the value is not very high enough to start any medications for that.
  • Just repeat your thyroid test after three months and revert back with the reports.
  • Also, your cholesterol is slightly high and considering your age you do not need medications for cholesterol.
  • Do aerobic exercise daily and have low cholesterol food. Repeat your lipid profile after three months and revert back with the reports.

Revert back after three months to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I got tested for thyroid antibodies and I am attaching the reports. Do I need to start medication?

Dr. Divakara P

#

I saw your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your anti-thyroglobulin antibodies are elevated. It indicates that you are having autoimmune thyroiditis. But, still it does not warrant medication at present.

Just repeat thyroid test after three months and revert back with reports. Regards.

|