Dr. Meha Malhotra
MD DERMATOLOGY VENEREOLOGY AND LEPROSY
Dermatology, HIV/AIDS Specialist, Venereology
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Your weight gain may be partially due to hypothyroidism.You may start with brisk walking for 20 minutes daily and gradually increase it to 45 minutes daily.
Please do not lift heavy weights at this age. This may cause more harm than benefit.
- Try oats, muesli, brown bread, egg whites for breakfast.
- Lunch should be a complete meal with no ghee on rotis.
- Dinner can be soup, veggies with roti, dalia(broken wheat), dal roti.
- Do not be on empty stomach for more than 2 hours during day time or the time you are awake.
- Take light snacks, fruits, juices, shakes in between your meals. Else your metabolism can slow down.
Please tell me how much thyroxine are you taking and your TSH level and medicine details so that I can see whether thyroid is not the cause of your problem.
- Not eating for long periods or being on empty stomach could slow down metabolism and potentially increase weight.
- Already hypothyroidism itself slows down metabolism. So do not fast but eat little meals.
Definitely you will lose weight if you follow this.
Revert back to an endocrinologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist