Q. What is the best dosage of the tablet Thyronorm for hypothyroidism?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2021

I am a 31-year-old female. I have hypothyroidism, and I have been using Thyronorm 50 mcg for one year. I have attached my latest reports. My question is can I continue the same dosage? Also, please recommend necessary supplements and food suggestions regarding the vitamin results in the report.

Thanks.

#

I saw the report which you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

Both total and free T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine) values are within the range. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is mildly elevated from the upper limit of the range. This is called subclinical hypothyroidism. It would help if you continued the same dose.

And kindly let me know the value of T3, T4, and TSH when you started taking this dose of medicine a year ago?

Coming to the vitamin panel, all are normal and within the range. Vitamin B is within the normal range but on the lower side of the range. So, it is better to take vitamin B complex capsules. All minerals tested is normal and within the range.

I would suggest the following:

1) Take iron-rich foods. Add lemon with diet as it helps in the absorption of iron in the food.

2) Take multivitamin and B complex for one month.

Thanks.

|